Concreting Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS)
People often ask, "Can I have a Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS) for Concreting Work?" "A document that covers everything?" The answer is not really. Well you could create a document that covers most areas of Concreting work, but it would be hundreds of pages long and would contain more items that did not apply to your project, than items that did.
You can however make a SWMS document for doing the same job over and over like pouring a slab to a new project home, where every job is the same with only slight variations.
A Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS) needs to document step by step how you are going to do a particular job. Not all jobs are the same! Are you going to pour a concrete path around a house or reinforced footings and bored piers?
The steps in undertaking each of these tasks are very different. Not only are the steps different, but the potential hazards and the hazard control measures are very different as well.
The JSEAsy software builds your site specific SWMS for your concreting job by adding templates of the steps you are going to take, in the order in which you are going to take them.
The JSEAsy software comes preloaded with hundreds of templates
Below is an example of templates you may insert into your site specific SWMS for a typical concreting project:
- Inspect and drive Tip Truck/ Dump Truck
- Arrive at site with truck and trailer and establish unloading area
- Site Orientation/ Induction
- Claim work area
- Unload skid steer loader from trailer using aluminium ramps
- Place rubble around domestic site using a skid steer loader
- Compact area using a petrol powered vibrating plate
- Installation of simple formwork
- Install damp proof membrane (Forticon plastic)
- Place steel reinforcing mesh
- Concrete Delivery and Pumping
- Placing Concrete
- Push Wheel Barrow on site
- Finishing concrete with petrol powered trowel (Helicopter)
- Load skid steer loader onto trailer using aluminium ramps
- Cleaning up work area
When you insert a template it automatically brings with it:
Hundreds of templates included - 1 low price - Exceptional value!
- The main process step
- The sub process steps associated in undertaking the task
- The potential hazards associated with undertaking the task (you can also delete or add any of these with a simple click)
- The Risk Rating for undertaking the task (You can also change this if you want to)
- The Hazard Control measure (you can also delete or add any of these with a simple click)
- The revised risk rating after applying the control (You can also change this if you want to)
- Any required PPE (you can also delete or add any of these with a simple click)
- Any applicable licences or qualifications required (you can also delete or add any of these with a simple click)
- Any pre operational inspections required (you can also delete or add any of these with a simple click)
- Any applicable legislation or codes of practice (you can also delete or add any of these with a simple click)
When you buy or rent the JSEAsy software, not only to get all of the templates specifically for concreting work but you also get all of the templates for all of the other trades as well. Concreters don't just do concrete! You may benefit from many other industry and trade templates if you are doing a complete job such as: civil works and excavations, carpentry etc..
There is an example of a SWMS generated from the system available for download.
The Main points in this example SWMS are templates that have been inserted into the “Site Specific SWMS” to build it.
See JSEAsy features and demonstrations for video demonstrations on how this works (They run for around 4 minutes each)
Process: Click the Links below to learn more about JSEAsy Software and the process. Opens in a NEW TAB / WINDOW)
When you buy or Rent JSEAsy v4.2 you have access to all of the SWMS templates, for all trades and industries.
Concreting SWMS Templates Pre-Loaded and ready for use are shown below: