Electrical Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
People often ask, "Can I have a Job Safety Analysis (JSA) for Electrical Work?" "A document that covers everything?" The answer is not really. Well you could create a document that covers most areas of electrical work, but it would be hundreds of pages long and would contain more items that did not apply to your project, than items that did.
A Job Safety Analysis (JSA) needs to document step by step how you are going to do a particular job. Not all jobs are the same! Are you going to install conduits and cabling in trenches, or replace a light fitting or install a Solar system?
The steps in undertaking each of these tasks are very different. Not only are the steps different, but the potential hazards and the hazard control measures are very different as well.
The JSEAsy software builds your site specific JSA for your electrical job by adding templates of the steps you are going to take, in the order in which you are going to take them.
The JSEAsy software comes preloaded with hundreds of templates
Below is an example of templates you may insert into your site specific JSA for a new fitout
- Site Orientation/ Induction
- Claim work area
- Safety Check And Use Of Scissor Lift
- Installation of catenary cable
- Installation of threaded rod hanging bars
- Installation of support angles or channels to hanging rods
- Installation of cable tray
- Run Cables and secure to catenary cable and cable trays
- Connect new cables into electrical plant/ equipment
- Connect new cables into existing switchboard
- Test the electrical installation
- Cleaning up work area
- Fill out and issue Electrical Certificate of Compliance
When you insert a template it automatically brings with it:
Hundreds of templates included - 1 low price - Exceptional value!
- The main process step
- The sub process steps associated in undertaking the task
- The potential hazards associated with undertaking the task (you can also delete or add any of these with a simple click)
- The Risk Rating for undertaking the task (You can also change this if you want to)
- The Hazard Control measure (you can also delete or add any of these with a simple click)
- The revised risk rating after applying the control (You can also change this if you want to)
- Any required PPE (you can also delete or add any of these with a simple click)
- Any applicable licences or qualifications required (you can also delete or add any of these with a simple click)
- Any pre operational inspections required (you can also delete or add any of these with a simple click)
- Any applicable legislation or codes of practice (you can also delete or add any of these with a simple click)
When you buy or rent the JSEAsy software, not only to get all of the templates specifically for electrical work but you also get all of the templates for all of the other trades as well. Electricians don't just do electrical work! You will also benefit from many of refrigeration and air conditioning templates there are multiple templates under Roof Plumbing that will be of use. You may benefit from many other industry and trade templates if you are doing a refit such as: civil works and excavations, Ceilings and Wall Linings, Painting, etc.
There is an example of a JSA generated from the system available for download.
The Main points in this example JSA are templates that have been inserted into the “Site Specific JSA” to build it.
See JSEAsy features and demonstrations for video demonstrations on how this works (They run for around 4 minutes each)
Process: Click the Links below to learn more about JSEAsy Software and the process. Opens in a NEW TAB / WINDOW)
When you buy or Rent JSEAsy v4.2 you have access to all of the JSA templates, for all trades and industries.
Electrical JSA Templates Pre-Loaded and ready for use are shown below: