Fire Protection Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS)
People often ask, "Can I have a Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS) for fire protection?" "A document that covers everything?" The answer is not really.
A Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS) needs to document step by step how you are going to do a particular job. Not all jobs are the same! Are you going to install pipework and sprinklers to a 3m high ceiling space, or run a new fire main along the ground?
The steps in undertaking each of these tasks are very different. Not only are the steps different, but the potential hazards and the hazard control measures are very different as well.
The JSEAsy software builds your site specific SWMS for your fire protection job by adding templates of the steps you are going to take, in the order in which you are going to take them.
Download an example of a SWMS generated from the JSEAsy software.
The JSEAsy software comes preloaded with hundreds of templates (job steps). Choose the version that best suits your needs.
Below is an example of templates you may insert into your site specific SWMS for Sprinkler alterations, speaker and detector installations
- Site Orientation/ Induction
- Claim Work Area
- Carrying materials from vehicle area to work area
- Erection and Use of Mobile Scaffold
- Drill hole into underside of slab with a battery powered rotary hammer drill
- Installation of masonry fixing
- Installation of threaded rod hanging bars
- Cut water pipe and or droppers with drop saw
- Thread pipe using a Portable Power Pipe Threader
- Run Pipe work and cables through existing ceiling space
- Access work area Using a platform ladder (for exposed grid ceiling areas)
- Fit speakers and detectors to plasterboard ceiling
- Connect new cables into existing fire panel
- Test the electrical installation
- Filling & testing of pipework
- Fill pipe & bleed system
- connect pressure pump
- Cleaning up work area
When you insert a template it automatically brings with it:
- The main process step
- The sub process steps associated in undertaking the task
- The potential hazards associated with undertaking the task (you can also delete or add any of these with a simple click)
- The Risk Rating for undertaking the task (You can also change this if you want to)
- The Hazard Control measure (you can also delete or add any of these with a simple click)
- The revised risk rating after applying the control (You can also change this if you want to)
- Any required PPE (you can also delete or add any of these with a simple click)
- Any applicable licences or qualifications required (you can also delete or add any of these with a simple click)
- Any pre operational inspections required (you can also delete or add any of these with a simple click)
- Any applicable legislation or codes of practice (you can also delete or add any of these with a simple click)
Hundreds of templates included - 1 low price - Exceptional value!
When you buy or rent the JSEAsy software, not only to get all of the templates specifically for fire protection but you also get all of the templates for all of the other trades as well. Sprinkler Fitters don't just fit sprinklers. You may benefit from the construction templates if you are working at heights, from Elevated Work Platforms, Ladders and Scaffolds. The plumbing and electrical templates will also be invaluable.
There is an example of a SWMS generated from the system available for download. The Main points in this example SWMS are templates that have been inserted into the “Site Specific SWMS” to build it.
See JSEAsy features and demonstrations for video demonstrations on how this works (They run for around 4 minutes each)
Process: Click the Links below to learn more about JSEAsy Software and the process. Opens in a NEW TAB / WINDOW)