Roofing Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
People often ask, "Can I have a JSA for Roofing?" "A document that covers everything?" The answer is not really.
A Job Safety Analysis (JSA) needs to document step by step how you are going to do a particular job. Not all jobs are the same! For starters how are you going to access the roof? Are you going to access the roof via a ladder or via a Scaffold? Maybe you are going to access the roof via a fixed roof access ladder or from a scissor lift? The steps in accessing a roof via a ladder are very different from the steps to access a roof via a scissor lift. Not only are the steps different, but the potential hazards and the hazard control measures are very different as well. On one job you may load the roofing materials and roof sheeting onto the structure using a crane. On the next job you may simply be pulling them up by hand.
The JSEAsy software builds your site specific JSA for roofing, by adding templates of the steps you are going to take, in the order in which you are going to take them.
The JSEAsy software comes preloaded with hundreds of templates (job steps).
Below is an example of templates you may insert into your site specific JSA for typical commercial roof project:
- Site Orientation/ Induction
- Claim Work Area
- Acceptance of delivery to site for materials via Crane Truck
- Safety Check And Use Of Scissor Lift
- Safety Check And Use Of Boom Lift
- Install Temporary Edge Protection
- Erection and use of mobile scaffold
- Install Box Gutter with saddles straps and gutter board
- Installation of Rain Water Head
- Installing External/ Internal Downpipes
- Installation of UPVC Pipe
- Installation of Safety Mesh to roof area - From EWP
- Access Roof via scaffold stair access
- Crane Set Up
- Loading Roof Sheets and/or materials with Crane
- Installation of insulation to roof
- Installing Roof Sheets – To Flat Roof Area
- Form and Flash Roof Penetrations
- Installation of Flashings
- Cleaning up work area
When you insert a template it automatically brings with it:
Hundreds of templates included - 1 low price - Exceptional value!
- The main process step
- The sub process steps associated in undertaking the task
- The potential hazards associated with undertaking the task (you can also delete or add any of these with a simple click)
- The Risk Rating for undertaking the task (You can also change this if you want to)
- The Hazard Control measure (you can also delete or add any of these with a simple click)
- The revised risk rating after applying the control (You can also change this if you want to)
- Any required PPE (you can also delete or add any of these with a simple click)
- Any applicable licences or qualifications required (you can also delete or add any of these with a simple click)
- Any pre operational inspections required (you can also delete or add any of these with a simple click)
- Any applicable legislation or codes of practice (you can also delete or add any of these with a simple click)
When you buy or rent the JSEAsy software, not only to get all of the templates specifically for roofing but you also get all of the templates for all of the other trades as well. Roofers don't just do roofing. You will also benefit from many of the civil and plumbing templates if you are also installing stormwater. You may benefit from the demolition,electrical and mechanical templates if you are doing a re-roof. For doing repairs, you also have access to the carpentry and wall and ceiling lining templates as well as painting.
There is an example of a JSA generated from the system available for download.
The Main points in this example JSA are templates that have been inserted into the “Site Specific JSA” to build it.
See JSEAsy features and demonstrations for video demonstrations on how this works (They run for around 4 minutes each)
Process: Click the Links below to learn more about JSEAsy Software and the process. Opens in a NEW TAB / WINDOW)
When you buy or Rent JSEAsy v4.2 you have access to all of the JSA templates, for all trades and industries.
Roofing JSA Templates Pre-Loaded and ready for use are shown below: