Scaffolding Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS)
People often ask, "Can I have a Safe Work Method Statement for Scaffolding?" "A document that covers everything?" The answer is not really.
A Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) needs to document step by step how you are going to do a particular job. Not all jobs are the same! Are you going to build a Steel Cantilevered K-Stage scaffold or an Aluminium Mobile Scaffold
The steps in undertaking each of these tasks are very different. Not only are the steps different, but the potential hazards and the hazard control measures are very different as well.
The JSEAsy software builds your site specific SWMS for your Scaffolding job by adding templates of the steps you are going to take, in the order in which you are going to take them.Download an example of a SWMS generated from the JSEAsy software.
The JSEAsy software
comes preloaded with hundreds of templates
(job steps) to build your site specific SWMS
with. It also includes Safe Operating Procedures (SOP).
The JSEAsy Premium software
is your total WHS management system.
Below is an example of templates you may insert into your site specific SWMS for typical Installation of a K-Stage Modular Steel Scaffold.
- Site orientation/ Induction
- Claim work area
- Acceptance of delivery to site via crane truck
- Cut timber boards to size using a circular saw
- Installation of K-Stage Modular Steel Scaffold (The sub process steps of this template are shown below:)
- Check the scaffold components for damage prior to installation
- Site Preparation
- Erecting the scaffold
- Installing Additional Lifts
- Sign-Off & Handover
- Using the scaffold
- Dismantling the scaffold
When you insert a template it automatically brings with it:
- The main process step
- The sub process steps associated in undertaking the task
- The potential hazards associated with undertaking the task (you can also delete or add any of these with a simple click)
- The Risk Rating for undertaking the task (You can also change this if you want to)
- The Hazard Control measure (you can also delete or add any of these with a simple click)
- The revised risk rating after applying the control (You can also change this if you want to)
- Any required PPE (you can also delete or add any of these with a simple click)
- Any applicable licences or qualifications required (you can also delete or add any of these with a simple click)
- Any pre operational inspections required (you can also delete or add any of these with a simple click)
- Any applicable legislation or codes of practice (you can also delete or add any of these with a simple click)
Hundreds of templates included - 1 low price - Exceptional value!
When you buy or rent the JSEAsy software, not only to get all of the templates specifically for scaffolding but you also get all of the templates for all of the other trades as well. Scaffolders don't just do scaffolding. You will also benefit from many of the carpentry and formwork templates. You may benefit from the structural steel and rigging templates as these items are often included in complex scaffolding situations
There is an example of a SWMS generated from the system available for download.
The Main points in this example SWMS are templates that have been inserted into the “Site Specific SWMS” to build it.
See JSEAsy features and demonstrations for video demonstrations on how this works (They run for around 4 minutes each)
Process: Click the Links below to learn more about JSEAsy Software and the process. Opens in a NEW TAB / WINDOW)
When you buy or Rent JSEAsy v4.2 you have access to all of the SWMS templates, for all trades and industries.
Scaffolding SWMS Templates Pre-Loaded and ready for use are shown below: