Subcontractor WHS & Environmental Compliance Questionnaire. Due Diligence Checklist
What is Due Diligence?
Usually relating to ‘Officers’ of the PCBU, but it is handy for all to pay attention to Section 27(5) of the Act, which defines ‘due diligence’ as:
…taking reasonable steps:
- to acquire and keep up‑to‑date knowledge of work health and safety matters; and
- to gain an understanding of the nature of the operations of the business or undertaking of the person conducting the business or undertaking and generally of the hazards and risks associated with those operations; and
- to ensure that the person conducting the business or undertaking has available for use, and uses, appropriate resources and processes to eliminate or minimise risks to health and safety from work carried out as part of the conduct of the business or undertaking; and
- to ensure that the person conducting the business or undertaking has appropriate processes for receiving and considering information regarding incidents, hazards and risks and responding in a timely way to that information; and
- to ensure that the person conducting the business or undertaking has, and implements, processes for complying with any duty or obligation of the person conducting the business or undertaking under this Act; and
- to verify the provision and use of the resources and processes referred to in paragraphs (c) to (e).
This form is also included in the JSEAsy Software Premium version