WHS Form 111 WHS Management System Internal Audit, contains various questions relating to the elements outlined in the ‘Due Diligence’ section as described and outlined in Section 6 of WHS Form 54 WHS Manual are provided in a checklist format and allow for the auditor to tick whether the relevant question has been adequately answered or not, along with space for ‘action plan’ notes for later discussion.
This form has been formulated based on the requirements of a WHS Mangement system as outlined in the Australian standard AS/NZS ISO 45001:2018 and ISO 45001:2018
An internal audit of your WHS management system is a way to check how well you are meeting your legal and internal obligations to provide a safe and healthy workplace. It can help you to identify any gaps or weaknesses in your system, and to take corrective actions to improve your WHS performance. Some of the benefits of conducting an internal audit are:
- It can demonstrate your commitment to WHS and to continuous improvement.
- It can enhance your reputation and credibility as an employer and a business partner.
- It can reduce the risk of injuries, illnesses, incidents, and legal liabilities.
- It can increase the efficiency and effectiveness of your WHS processes and procedures.
- It can foster a positive WHS culture and increase employee engagement and satisfaction.
An internal audit of your WHS management system should follow a systematic and structured approach, using the following steps:
- Plan the audit, including defining the scope, objectives, criteria, and methodology.
- Conduct the audit, using various techniques such as reviewing documentation, interviewing employees, and observing the workplace.
- Report the audit findings, including any non-conformances, opportunities for improvement, and recommendations.
- Follow up the audit, including implementing the corrective actions, verifying their effectiveness, and closing the audit.
This form has been formulated based on the requirements of a WHS Mangement system as outlined in the Australian standard AS/NZS ISO 45001:2018